Connections: A Provider’s Journaling Project
Welcome to Connections - A Provider’s Journaling Project! We believe that each of you has a great deal to share about your personal and professional experiences during this extraordinary time. Through this platform, we wanted to provide a space where you can reflect on your COVID-19 journey, share your stories, and see what colleagues have experienced. Ultimately, our hope is to compile these messages into a historical COVID-19 compendium of experiences that authentically reflects this unique moment in time and gives a voice to what we collectively experienced as caregivers and as humans.
We thank you for your interest in this important initiative and we value your personal story. We also hope you will take some time to enjoy the stories from your colleagues on this page.
Brought to you by CommonSpirit Health Physician Enterprise Provider Engagement and Experience Council Executive Committee:
- Gary Greensweig, DO - Chief Physician Executive for the Physician Enterprise for Common Spirit Health
- Greg Anderson, MD – Division Lead for Ambulatory Quality and Medical Director – Quality and Provider Engagement CommonSpirit Health
- Michelle L. Edwards, DNP, FACHE, FAANP – SVP Advanced Practice
- Keith Frey, MD – Divisional CMO Arizona
- Bruce Bethancourt, MD – CMO Dignity Health Medical Group Arizona
- Marijka Grey, MD – System Director, Transformation Implementation, Physician Enterprise
- Carmel Jones – COO, CHI St. Joseph Medical Group
Gary Greensweig, DO
System Senior Vice President / Chief Physician Executive Physician Enterprise at CommonSpirit Health
The Latest Journals
Dr. Nick Stine forwarded a story from the New England Journal of Medicine that was very heartfelt and touching. Please take a moment to reflect on the message. ‘The Billboard’
‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the cells No virus was stirring in health care personnel. Vials were in freezers, carefully arrayed, For deltoids just waiting for mRNA....
“The grass withers and the flowers fall,” I read from Isaiah to the small group gathered there, “but the word of our God stands forever.” The small group sat in...
Just after Christmas on a recent Saturday, at about 7:45 AM, I arrived at the hospital and walked through the back entrance and had my temperature taken and I sanitized...
Worry I am not a “worrier”. But I worry about what has happened to the fabric of who we are as a nation, a profession, and our families during this...